Seeing a whale while out at sea is an exciting experience, but it can also result in accidental collisions that are harmful for both the boater and the whale.
Take our free boater education course
In as little as 30 minutes, you will be able to:
- Access and use available resources to prepare for a trip at sea
- Identify common whale species along the US Atlantic coast and recognize many of their behaviors
- Put safe whale watching guidelines to practice while at sea
- Keep a safe distance between your boat and whales
- Know what to document and who to call if you encounter a whale in distress
The first 300 participants to complete this course will receive a free pair of polarized sunglasses, complements of Whale and Dolphin Conservation and made possible by the generosity of the Sheehan Family Companies!